• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sechamplain

sechamplain

stranger

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 07:16 PM

I left my computer downloading while I went out and when I came back, I found an error screen. This has happened often since I "upgraded" to a one gb DIMM of Ultra memory and *appears* to be a temp problem with the memory on the board and the error msgs. vary quite a bit. This is an issue I want to solve at some point soon, but it's not as important as another problem.

When I rebooted, my download hard drive wouldn't show even its name and Windows XP told me that the drive needed formatting. Can anyone tell me some programs that will access the drive and fix the problems? Easy Recovery Pro only accesses 120 something gbs of the 160 gb hd and wouldn't recover enough of the files to suit me and no other program I found would access the data sufficiently.

This too, has happened before and *sometimes* I could disconnect the drive and reconnect and the drive would get recognized and Partition Magic would "fix errors" on the drive. Other times, I could, with some difficulty move files from the drive. Recognition of the drive was inconsistent, but this time, I've not been able to get it recognized at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 fpin

fpin

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 04:38 PM

ok try recovery expert from acronis, i recently deleted partition by accident from the disk management, and this utility saved my precious data

#3 American Zombie

American Zombie

enthusiast

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 09:16 AM

GetDataBack works great and I think you will be pleased by the results.

#4 mctonale

mctonale

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 10:30 AM

Thanks zombie could have used that a few months ago though.

#5 wemaole

wemaole

stranger

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 04:49 PM

i found partition table doctor maybe help you.
see:

http://www.google.co...on table doctor

#6 tonyohare2014

tonyohare2014

stranger

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:26 PM

May be the HDD is corrupted and for Hard Drive Recovery there are many firms in market of data recovery, but I personally prefer one of them that provides good quality service.

#7 Apometron

Apometron

stranger

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:03 AM

Search here the portable version of GetDataBack:

http://portableappz.blogspot.com/

#8 DustinDeTorres

DustinDeTorres

stranger

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMurarrie 4172 Queensland

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:06 PM

There are many free data recovery tools you can use but i don't think those are safe to use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq