Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
short_stuff062

I CANT REMOVE THE SIMS FROM MY COMPUTER... PLEASE HELP!

Hi okay I have this problem, my sims deluxe isnt working right so i pressed the uninstall button but it just keeps installing again,,, and then stopping at 25% and skipping to 100% but i cant uninstall it i went to the change/remove programs thing and whenever i click remove it just installs again... how do i get the sims off my computer and uninstall it... if anyone has any ideas of how i could get it to work.. or how i could remove it please tell me!

Alright. This should work. It's very simple. Go to "My Computer". -> Then c/drive -> then program files. -> Then right-click 'The Sims'folder left-click delete. Then to get rid of the other parts installed on your computer delete any shortcuts from your desktop and start menu and to make sure you have it all deleted you can just do a computer search by going to "My Computer" again. The search tool should be a magnifying glass on the top of the window double-click it choose all-files and folders and search keyterm "The Sims" and if anything comes up right click and delete it and you are done.

That is of course if you don't mind all the parts that the Sims installed in your registry files being left behind. Your best bet is to get a program that removes that excess junk for you. Go here and download this free program and let it do the job for you. http://www.majorgeeks.com/WT_RegCleanerXP_d3560.html and always backup your registry files before you do anything to them and this program allows you to do that.