Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mkg_1971

directx updating problem

I have a new pentium 4,2.66 GHz,intel D101 motherboard, 512MB RAM computer with 256 MB geforce 6200 Turbo cache graphic card. The problem is with Directx. I have installed directx 9b that I wish to upgrade to Directx 9c, as all the newer games require it. I have tried to install directx9c many times, but each time at the end of installation it says "components installed are now ready for use" and then when I run DxDiag, it shows directx 9b only. I have tried installing newer versions more than 50 times, but each time same problem occurs.Secondly, I want to make my computer work faster. Which is the better option - 1>upgrade RAM to 1.024 GB, 2>upgrade my graphic card(if yes, to what) 3>upgrade my motherboard. My usage is basically for internet and games. Please help.

You got Windows XP most likely. What service pack level?

SP2 should include 9.0c.

This is latest DX redist (includes all those dlls which are not in the 'orginal' DX9 redist...):

DirectX End-User Runtimes June 2006.

When you run the DX installer, see if get DirectX.log in your Windows folder.

If there is, copy it's contents to http://pastebin.com/ and post link to here.

IMHO, get more RAM. 1GB should be enough these days. smile

I'm having same problems as mkg_1971. I have xp pro service pack 2. Direct x 9b won't update to 9c. Please help

the same goes here it finish downloading and when i reboot the computer it isnt there and i try again and still nothing could you please help me