Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
razvan.mocanu

Geforce 6200 visual artifacts

Hi everyone.

I own a Leadtek A6200 TDH video card (Geforce 6200 GPU).

Recently I noticed visual rendering artifacts when playing new games. They appear as small squares all over the screen that appear and disappear randomly. I must stress the fact that only new games that use new technology seem to cause this problem as older games are "harmless".

So I started testing:

It seems that the drivers are of no importance here, as I've installed all drivers starting with the first one that supports this GPU and up to the last one (91.31 Forceware) - the same problem shows up.

I noticed that these artifacts don't appear from the start. I usually play for some minutes before seeing them. Further more, I have come to the conclusion that only by activating high quality rendering options do I get these problems to show up. (High Glow Effects, High Bump Mapping Effects) - but I'm still testing this in some other games.

I have also recently installed the lastest DirectX 9 - dxdiag reports version 4.09.0000.0904 - maybe it's buggy ?! Few chances.

I am also thinking about overheating, so I'm going to try and clean the video card and video card cooler of dust - see what results I get ( I keep my case open wink ).

That's about it. I would really appreciate some help to get this problem sorted out.

Thanks.