Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spartan1o5

My friends computer restarts when she is playing CS 1.6 for a long time

Using the color red she is having this problem where she is running aim and CS and like 30 MIN later it restarts.When she logs back on it restarts again again and again.Any way to fix it?

3 questions.

What is CS, not everyone plays whatever it is.

Question 2, what keeps restarting, CS or AIM?

Question 3, does she get any error messages?

The computer restarts not aim or counter strike..Using speedfan she says temp1=-54,temp2=170,temp3=262,HDO=102,temp1=184.i dont get how temp1 is -54.

Well if temp3 is reading accurately, it is resetting due to thermal shutdown. 262F is something like 115(ish)Celcius and that is well past boiling point! Do us a favor and boot her computer into the BIOS and head to temperature monitoring or something like it. Give us the idle BIOS temps for CPU and any others her BIOS reports. Also, provide some system specs including what case and case fans she uses. The more information provided the easier it is to diagnose and provide a solution to the problem.

She has a medion computer frm best buy.Nver heard of it.3.2 GHZ processor with hyper threading. duel channel memory with heatsink frm compusa.She has this HUGEEEEE cpu fan that has holes on the case so it can suck in air,it's frm CPU and then there is this tube to suck in air.she has 1 power supply fan,a hugge fan for cpu,and the Mad dog PCI fan i bought for her.can u tell me what temp 1, temp 2 ,temp 3 ,hdo etc is?

"The computer restarts not aim or counter strike..Using speedfan she says temp1=-54,temp2=170,temp3=262,HDO=102,temp4=184.i dont get how temp1 is -54

Temp 1= -54, temp2=170,temp3=262,HDO=102,temp 4 184.

Sounds like the curse of windows from 95 up to vista [ really bad in xp].

It is in admin tools/services/remote procedure call [RPC]/recovery. Set 1st and 2nd error what to do as 'do nothing'

Activate admin tools on start menue [ right click taskbar properties/startmenue/customize check show admin tools. Do control panel as menue as well.

ORrrrr it could be a worm/virus and this may need to be removed using a standalone remover possibly run while using a live cd [ xp running from cd such as Bart's PE or from xp on memorystick/thumbdrive]

Open the side of the case and try playing the game. If no problems then you need better cooling.

Also download memtest86+ and test your memory, although usually memory errors do not cause reboots.

Originally Posted By: DosFreak
Open the side of the case and try playing the game. If no problems then you need better cooling.

Also download memtest86+ and test your memory, although usually memory errors do not cause reboots.

I would also choose this procedure.
And what is it whit "my friends this and my friend that?"
Surely, if all the friends in the world are having these problems.
Cant they find the answer them selfs?