Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arin

Increasing the USB port rate?

Before i got my intellimouse explorer usb, i had a ps2 mouse. I use to have the ps2 rate program and it seams that and over clocked ps2 port gave me a smoother mouse. Is there a way to boost the usb port rate. I know the mouse can get smoother becasue I take my cisco tests on an imac at school and the mouse pointer is extreamly smooth. Anyone have any clue how to over clock it?

The rate for a USB mouse is aprox. 125hz, isnt that enough?

Regarding that you think the mouse on the Imac was smoother, isnt it a fact that mouse-control on MAC is alot better than PC? Cause of some sort of different hardwarecontrol? Im not sure of this, its just what I've heard...so if anyone else has any facts on the matter plz reply.

Mac mouse is completely hardware/firmware based - at a far lower level that the OS.

That's why it appears smoother.

------------------

SuperMicro P6DBS (dual UW-SCSI) BIOS 2.2, 2*Celery 300a @ 450Mhz, 384MB PC100 RAM

SCSI-A=4.3Gb+9Gb, SCSI-B=Tosh32x CD-ROM, Yamaha4416 CD-RW, Iomega ZIP100, IDE1=4.3Gb

IBM EtherJet 10/100 NIC PCI + Nortel ADSL "modem"

Matrox G400 DH 32Mb AGP + Quantum3D Voodoo2 SLI PCI (CL TNT1 AGP on a shelf)

SoundBlaster Live PCI (not Value)

Win2K build 2195 Retail (not 120-day eval)

But the question remains, can you over clock the usb port? i would like to get around 200mhz cause that is what my ps2 was runnin around with that ps2rate test rate thingy.

I meen dont get me wrong, pc is better than mac.