Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TeskoSuicide

Yet another Red Alert 2 issue

I read through all of the RA2 threads and none of them covered my issue, which is why I feel that it is okay for me to post this.

Here is my problem.

A few days ago, I reformatted my hard drive because I was having issues with my computer completely locking up twice a day. I had Red Alert 2 installed. When I tried to play, it would give me some problems occasionally but, I could still play it.

After I reformatted however, I attempted to reinstall the game. I got the error "Please insert the correct CD-ROM and click Ok and restart the application." This was after the autoplay had started.

I tried it with the Allied and Soviet disks, and got the same result. I used Alcohol 120% and made a copy of both disks and mounted one on a virtual drive. Took the disk out of the physical drive and ran setup from the virtual drive. Got the same error. Put the disk back in the drive, and ran setup from the virtual drive. Same error. Ran setup from both disks and the virtual drive (all at different times) with both 95 and 98/2000 compatability. Same freaking error.

So now, I'm stumped. Any help would be appreciated.

Computer Info:

Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002

Service Pack 1

HP Pavilion

Intel Celeron 2.85Ghz

504 MG RAM