Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ihor

Monitor In Power Save Mode.

My daughter turned her computer off and when she returned, turned it back on only to see the following message on her monitor: Monitor is in power save mode activate using pc. What's up. Her pc won't post at all.

Is it a bad PS, motherboard, ram or what else? Any response would be appreciated. By the way, I did try a new vid card with no change in the display message.

When you say it won't post, do you mean you can't get into the BIOS, or that Windows won't load?

I can't get into the bios, no responses from the mouse nor the keyboard. The hard drive led doesn't flash either.

Would be strange if this was the problem, but just to make sure, reseat the RAM and try just one stick in each slot. Make sure all plugs are solid in the mobo, try another monitor, reseat cpu, try any extra parts and try to find exactly what is causing the problem. Also, reset the CMOS and give it a shot. I have seen the problem many times and been lead to many different solutions :P so more diagnostics must be done to pin point the problem.

After troubleshooting for a couple of days, I solved the problem by replacing the motherboard. All is as it once was! smile