Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SubGum

Looking for old 3DFX tools software for my Voodoo3

I just threw in my ghetto Voodoo3 card so I can play Final Fantasy VII after forever, found the best 3rd party drivers for WinXP, but can't seem to find the 3DFX tools so I can tweak the setting. Used to use something I think was called "3DFX Underground Tools" that let me overclock and everything. Anyone know where I can find the software? Been searching the web for hours with no success.

Yeah, and I've been to all of those. None of them have the XP compatible 3DFX Underground Tools. Just a bunch of old tweaking guides and ghetto 3DFX tools for 9x.

Originally posted by SubGum:

Quote:
Yeah, and I've been to all of those. None of them have the XP compatible 3DFX Underground Tools. Just a bunch of old tweaking guides and ghetto 3DFX tools for 9x.

Hang in there, I have to head off to work shortly, but I'll post you some links tonight, around 6pm EST, sooner work gets rained out. Buried on a CD somewhere, I also have a modded BIOS, and probably all the tweaking tools and tweaked drivers you need.

At one time, I was running my Voodoo 3000 AGP with an 1100 Celery and 64meg of RAM, on XP. Very slow bootup and net surfing, but at least it was stable compared to '98SE.

With 512meg, it wasn't too bad. Good card for older games. smile

Yeah, voodoofiles used to be the sweet site to get anything 3DFX, but now they've gone down the gutter. Most their links don't work, and their downloads pages are riddled with downloads for non related stuff. On top of all that, they simply don't have the tools I need anymore. I coulda sworn they used to, but heh, it's as life goes I suppose...

Quote:
Yeah, voodoofiles used to be the sweet site to get anything 3DFX, but now they've gone down the gutter. Most their links don't work, and their downloads pages are riddled with downloads for non related stuff. On top of all that, they simply don't have the tools I need anymore. I coulda sworn they used to, but heh, it's as life goes I suppose...

Okay, you can head over here:

http://ca.briefcase.yahoo.com/dhemkc523@rogers.com and go into the "Voodoo" folder, 3dfx tools are in there, and so it "Voodoolizer". I made the folder public, so let me know when you have them downloaded.

Couldn't find the drivers, but I'll surf around a bit tonight, i may be able to come up with some yet. smile

Dang Relic, you pretty much rule. Never had anyone be so helpful over a forum to me. Thanks a TON!!! Oh, and turns out the Underground Tools I had used forever ago is actually called VControl. You indirectly led me to where I could download that too, so thanks!

Quote:
Dang Relic, you pretty much rule. Never had anyone be so helpful over a forum to me. Thanks a TON!!! Oh, and turns out the Underground Tools I had used forever ago is actually called VControl. You indirectly led me to where I could download that too, so thanks!

Cool dude, happy to have helped out, you're welcome. smile

And yeah, V-Control, I remember that, is that dude's site still up and running? Damn, so long ago I forget his name, man he did a lot for all us Voodoo owners after 3DFX went under, very cool. 8)

Yeah, his site's still up and running great! Looks like I'll have to use some older drivers though to get full use of VControl. Back to the good old AmigaMerlin drivers. For some reason my computer kept restarting using those Alpha Drivers, and the VoodooXtreme ones I have won't let me adjust the settings in VControl. Willing to compromise it all to play a classic game with beautiful graphics. Thanks again for your help.