(3) Maxtor 350 GIG SATA I HD

LG Lightscrive DVD burner

Liteon DVD burner

3.5 floppy

(4) 60mm fans

(1) 120mm fan

Gigabyte G-Power Pro CPU cooler

Ultra XConnect X2 550W PSU

I am wondering if there is enough power coming out of my Ultra X2 for all this. It has two 12V rails (17A/18A). As it is not that expensive of a unit, and its all "glitzy" (though got to just LOVE those modlular cables!!!), it might be more hype than power. I had been thinking about the new Silverstone PSU's, specially the modular ST60F, which has four 12V rails. But now there is the 750W 75ZF that all 4 rails are rated at 18A. Others I was thinking about are:

Enermax Noisetaker II 600w

Enermax Liberty 620W

Antec NEO HE 550

Antec TP II 550

Antec TrueControl II 550

FSP Epsilon 600

FSP Epsilon 700

Thermaltake Silent PurePower 680

OCZ PowerStream 600

Tiger Series 550W

BFG 650w PSU

Any suggestions? Thanks

Well I did a rough calculation on your systems power consumption needs and it is roughly around 500-515 watts depending on which site I used. So if you are planning on upgrading for future, or overclocking, I would go for over 650 watts since "upgrading" from the 550 watt to another 550 or 600 is pretty much useless unless its quad rail or something. OCZ makes a very good PSU as do Enermax, Thermaltake and PC Power&Cooling. I currently am using the same PSU as yourself and I just love it. I have had two Antec PSU's die on me and was never satisfied with their noise (in general) Though I am set up in an Antec Super LanBoy which I like very much. Overall: dont "upgrade" unless it is a big enough jump to make it worth the money (though judging by your pc, you have plenty of it :P) And just google for a few reviews of the top few PSU's you are interested in and check them out.

Well I did a rough calculation on your systems power consumption needs and it is roughly around 500-515 watts depending on which site I used. So if you are planning on upgrading for future, or overclocking, I would go for over 650 watts since "upgrading" from the 550 watt to another 550 or 600 is pretty much useless unless its quad rail or something. OCZ makes a very good PSU as do Enermax, Thermaltake and PC Power&Cooling. I currently am using the same PSU as yourself and I just love it. I have had two Antec PSU's die on me and was never satisfied with their noise (in general) Though I am set up in an Antec Super LanBoy which I like very much. Overall: dont "upgrade" unless it is a big enough jump to make it worth the money (though judging by your pc, you have plenty of it :P) And just google for a few reviews of the top few PSU's you are interested in and check them out.

Well, as I had just bought the Ultra only a few days ago, I can return it. It is nice, it is quiet, it has "glitz" value if you like that, and it has modular cables - though not enough SATA ones.

But, I just went ahead and ordered the new Silverstone ST75ZF 750W PSU. What a beast this one is! All four 12V rails are 18A each. Sadly, it is not modular, and only has a single 80mm fan (I like the larger 120mm ones better), but I would imagine it won't heat up much unless it is really pushed (seems I won't be, yet ha ha), yet it will have more than enough power for what the near future might hold (Aegis X-Physics cards????). So can't loose with this one:

http://www.silverstone-usa.com/products-75zf.htm

Good choice, that PSU has been receiving great reviews from what I have seen. Good luck with it!

/agree, i will post my address so you can mail me a random part for my birthday!

Even as nice it is, there are still some games that choke it!

Also, as nice as it is, I am out of a job. The company outsourced my entire department last month. So, unless I find something soon, maybe you might see some parts of it smile