Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Housemusic

Change Driveletter from Bootpartition

After Installation, my Bootpartition has the Driveletter "E:". The other Partitions has "F:" and "G:".

How can i change the Driveletter from my Bootpartition to "c:"??????

I'm only running single boot and I had the same problem. The way I fixed it was drastic.

I changed the letter of the drive claiming to be C to a higher one. (also at this point demote a dynamic disk to a simple one). I then had to format the system drive and reinstall Win2K again. Its pants but there is nothiing you can do.

Also having the system drive or partition as a higher letter makes it easier to keep your system drive clear of all the programs that seem to clog it up.

I had a similar problem... I have a 4.5GB Cheetah and a 20.4GB WD IDE. I did a fresh installation of Win2k and durring setup it read my Cheetah as drive D and the IDE as C. Mind you i disabled the IDE drive in the BIOS to avoid it being detected but Win2k still picked it up. SO now my boot drive is D and my storage is C. You know what i did to resolve this... NOTHING! I left it the way it is... bah... it doesnt hurt me...

Hello All, I too had the same prob like you guy's and I also tried the Bios thing as well and still the same thing. Easist way to work around that is to install 98 then start the install of W2K, then when the puter reboot's turn off the puter, then just disconnect the drive cable's from the IDE Drives. then turn computer back on and finish the installation. Then just reconnect after that and Bam. Dual boot of SCSI drive C:

DarkWolf

------------------

As I walk through the Darkness and the Shadows of the Night, you should be wary as you are never out of my sight.