Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
salatiel

Resident Evil 1 PC freeze/ fast forward FIX finally ;p/ Solucao para o travament

Well , i love this game and i used to play on my old pentium 166 with my diamond monster 3d card.

After change my machine to a modern one the game start to run too fast and freeze in that scene where barry kills the first zombie on dinning room. Well , i looked for a fix everywhere and i coul not find it. There is a way to bypass that scene somewhere in this forum. But the "fast forward" mode was really annoying. By the chance i have discovered a way to fix all this problems. I have'nt tested in winxp since my main OS is linux and i only have a win98 "gamestation" ;p

First let me explain , My machine is a Athlon XP Mobile 2400 overclocked to 2.3Ghz and 1Gb RAM + GEFORCE 6200. When i start having ff problems i took CPUKILLER and make it eat up my cpu turning it in a 166Mhz, in theory i thought it would work because 166Mhz was my old pc ;p , but it didn't. Game was fully unplayable , too slow and freezing.

But, by the chance , i was running cpukiller 3.0 [using 2,xx algorithm in Options menu] with 10% slow down [testing another old game] when i started the resident evil. And there it is. PERFECT. Audio fully sync with video, no slowdown at all, no freezing. Just like my old P166 smile

Actually i don't know what happened, because CPUKILLER eating 10% of my CPU , make it still running at 2.1Ghz what it's too much for the game. [i tried 200*10 on BIOS ] But it works smile

If someone tests on winXP please post here if it works.

-------------------

Isso aqui eh como ajeitar o problema do travamento na sala de jantar e o problema do jogo ta rapido demais. Se alguem testar no WINXP posta ai se funciona.

Baixe o cpukiller 3,0 , use o algoritmo do 2.xx no menu de opcoes , e coloque o fator em 10% aproximadamente. Inicie o jogo e tudo vai ta blz. Eu nao sei ainda pq 10% faz funcionar , mas oh sei que funciona. ;p

flws....

i did a few more tests on my other machine.

SEMPROM 2600 + Geforce 4 MX440.

To make it work here the optimal "slow down factor"

was 21% , so you will have to discover the optimal factor for your machine by yourself. Trying of corse..

Well, the CPUkiller helps a lot, but is it normal that the animation isn't smooth and can I do something about that. My computer is Athlon 2000+, 512MB RAM, GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MB. Did you use options like "Moving Average for Cpu Graph" or "Cpu Graph Update Frequency" and did they help?

i fixed the problem with the scene of first zombie , and now it works great!

I had the same problem as many of you with the game locking up after Barry shoots the 1st zombie. Hopefully, this workaround will help you:

1. Leave the DINING ROOM when Jill first enters with Barry.

2. When you go back in, try to exit again and Barry will make a comment.

3. Then walk up and talk to Barry.

4. Next, walk past the clock and a different cut-scene takes place

smilelaugh byeee

degnome , are you using old 2.xx algorithm from the options in cpukiller ? [3.0 algorithm really let animation not smooth] Use it , and don't set slow down factor too high. Try it around 10%-15% .

sacarame - i knew about that workaround but i hated play resident that fast. With CPU KIller i can play just like in my old Pentium 166 + Voodoo 1 smile

Yeah I'm using 2.xx algorythm and the animation is not smooth, when I set the Slow Down Factor lower then Audio/Video sync goes to hell. Goddamit I wish to play this game without any problems. And has someone tried to run it with Cpukiller on Win XP??