Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
-Myg-

Mechwarrior 2 DLL Patch for windows XP

The Netmech Revival movement are proud to share; A member of our community has put together a patch to fix Mechwarrior 2 Win95 version, so that it works in Windows XP.

Link to patch:

http://www.warp13.co.uk/mech2.py

YOU STILL NEED TO RUN IN WIN95 COMPATABILITY MODE.

If you would like to post any comments/bugs concerning this fix, please top it up on our forums:

http://www.netmech.org/forums/viewthread.php?tid=28

Thanks! Any news about Mechwarrior 2: Merceneraries?

Fortunately I have the DOS version of Mech 2 and Mercs which both work great under DosBox. For the Win95 ver of Mercenaries I have to resort to running it under VPC or Qemu which is hardly ideal. No big deal anyway but it would be nice to see Mercs in D3D again.

I will post up news as it comes, the other games are currently being worked on when the dev has the time (hes busy with other stuff atm)

Dang,

I just happend to dig up my Mechwarrior 2 Titanium pack and the first thing I installed was good ol Merceneries. Thought I could run it in compatability mode but just happend to find out on the net its not possible... "yet". Its weard the game trys to load the screen turns black like its going into the game then it crashes to desktop and nothing. frown

Ill have to give your dll patch a try for regular mech2, if it works I would be highly interested in having one for Mereneries since its my fav of the trilogy.

EDIT: Patch dosent work, says my dll file is different, thought the titanium pack might not include the patch so I downloaded v1.1 for mech2 and it tells me that titanium already has those fix's. Anyway to make this fix available for the titanium pack?

Thanks,

Wolfy

[Edited by Savages_Wolfy on 2006-05-05 06:52:06]

I had that problem too, but it seems there are multiple versions of mechwarrior 2 win95 out there (1.0 and 1.1) This only works for 1.1. If you need some help, i can e-mail them to you, if you'd like. Catch me on MSN= krock@gofree.indigo.ie