Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ianp

DSL Light on Router keeps flashing

Even as I was writing this, the dsl light on my BT Voyager 205 Router is flashing, causing the connection to drop. Have tried getting help but no luck so far. Have XP on my computer and have done everything to resolve the problem.

SYMPTOMS:

DSL light flashes, line drops.

Very slow in loading/displaying web pages and won't up/download files.

Have tried to download the BT Broadband Help software but again the line keeps dropping.

When I start to download, the KBs is high (around 200) then rapidly drops to 10KBs or less. What should take less than 3 minutes to download on broadband is now impossible due to line dropout.

CAN ANYONE HELP?

Many Thanks,

Ian

This is symptomatic of two things - signal to noise ratio (in other words poor signal over your phone lines) or in relation to the company you have your DSL with, you are too far from the telephone trunk or they are having problems at their server end.

My guess is that the telephone lines you are using need to be replaced from the pole to the house and within the house.

I agree with Sampson that is is signal to noise ratio. I would also have BT come out and "burn" the telephone lines from one of their nodes that is getting full signal before your place to your place. When they "burn" a line they send a charge down it to clear up any interference.

If that doesn't do it look to the wiring in the house and also make them give you a new router.

Can't hurt to cover all basis.

Oh by the way, you only need to post once to get a response. Posting the same problem over and over will only serve to pis* people off and may end up in you not getting any help at all.

Good Luck