Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
regelo

=o "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" =o

>>*HELP HELP HELP HELP*<<

I've quite recently had a new computer, built for me by a next door neighbour. Originally, the PC ran fine, but I started to run into problems, such as the dreaded "blue screen of death". Mainly, the error message wasy displayed: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Reading around Ive been told it can stem from the CPU, to RAM, the Graphics Card its self and hardware. I had an FX 5200, and with this I couldnt do anything unless my hardware acclerations were off! So I went and baught a 7800 GS OC Extreme Edition, hoping this would solve the problem, but it didn't frown Although they happen less frequent, they do still occur, mainly when I open MS Paint, flash objects and now when I play online games, such as CoD2 or BFME2. Please assist me frown

Pc Spec:

-Speeze EEA30B4 Lightowl AMD CPU Cooler Xp3200+ and Sempron 2800+

-500w Power Supply

-Maxtor 6L160P0 Diamondmax 10 160GB 7200RPM ATA/133 8MB Cache - OEM

-Kingston 512MB DDR PC3200 400MHz CL3 Memory Module x1

-Foxconn Sempron 2400 Socket A Bundle: 748K7AA Motherboard, AMD Sempron 2400+ CPU, CPU Cooler

-Nvidea 7800 GS OC EXTREME EDITION

Thanks,

Nick

I know you just say 500 watt Power Supply, but can you give us the specs of that too, the make and model please wink

Sorry, have been extremely busy with my A-Levels so not had time to get online frown

I cant remember the full error message, but it did say something about it possibly being a hardware problem and to reinstall my new/recent hardware.

Power supply I originally thought was a "Ebuyer Extra Value 500w Power Supply Gold with Dual Black Fans". Although, I actually found out it isnt, my neighbour stole this power supply and Ive got a 400watt one frown So, not happy about that lol :P