Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
darkest_rage

Final Fantasy VII Direct 3d support issue

Alright while everybody is had issues resolved awhile back with nvidia or gforce cards... I have a ATI issue.

I have the new radeon Stealth 9250 256 ddr pci card.

Advent children has me wanting to play again only now its years later and i have a new computer, awesome system...((not the best))

My specs

Pavillion 1330

AMD athlon 64 processor 3800+ 2GB ram, 250GB DVD RW...

to the point. I don't have any direct3d support available.

Is there a ATI patch to enable me to use my Stealth card with this game or do i forever have to remain with software support.

Yes i'm very picky on graphics. software just isn't my style.

Any suggestions?

Sounds like the ATI drivers were not installed properly.

Uninstall all your graphics card drivers and install them again, then check it via DXDIAG tool.

Oh no i meant in the game configuration for ff7.

Apparently everything passes but the 8 bit test.

I don't see how but I think it sucks.

I've done as you've suggested but ... still no change.

I recently had the Radeon X550 Pci express and still had the same problem but i took that card back to the store. I barely bought it but changed my mind.

So i'm guessing it has something to do with new ati cards and compatability issues.

Unfortunately, ATI never added support with their new RADEON drivers for the 8-bit palleted textures, so the only way to play FF7 with a RADEON in hardware is too install the riva_TNT patch made for the game. The patch makes it ignore the 8-bit compatability issue, but the game will still look like crap. I Just threw my ghetto Voodoo3 card in my computer myself just so I could play FF7 lookin pretty. Still trying desperately to find the old 3DFX underground tools though... grrr! Anyways, you can probably find the riva TNT patch by doing a simple engine search. Good luck!

You really should use all the fan-made patches for the game. Even Eidos site links to one of the fan-made patches. There is even improved models for the game (!).

Here is my Best-Quality Graphics and Sound Final Fantasy VII page:

expertmultimedia.com/protoarmor/gamepage/finalfantasy-ff7bestquality.html

And if that doesn't solve your problem, go to

forums.qhimm.com

that's where I learned all I know about fixing and improving Final Fantasy VII

Good luck have fun,

ProtoArmor