Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kharn

Sound card issues with WIn XP pro SP2

OK then, let me get this thing started - a while ago I joined this forum when my sound card stopped working after once I updated Win XP Pro SP1 to Win XP pro SP2.

I was told to simply get the latest audio drivers for my card (sounds simple) and it was, after once you guys told me what my audio card was by me just telling you what mother board I had.

Well things are a bit tricky this time around.

The mother board to my computer melted away and it was replaced and therefore I have a new soundcard (built into the mother board) Yet again Windows refuses to work with my audio hardware however, last time windows just said I had no sound card at all, this time It says I have a "multimedia audio controller" and it says there are no drivers for it.

Well the easy solution here would be to get the newest driver right? but the thing is Windows is not telling me what make my sound card is infact everything that is listed about my card is "unknown".

SO I don't know what drivers I need to fix it nor the website to find them.

I also have no idea what make my mother board is as well and I have no idea how to find it out.

Basically I need some sound card drivers but that's alls I can say, I can't tell you what my card is or anything.....so a little help please smile

Well......there are a few things listed about my card in device manager and this is everything..

1. Location of the device: PCI bus 0, device 31, function 5

2. Under device details it says this: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24C5&SUBSYS_01028086&REV_01\3&267A616A&0&FD

That's everything about my card which doesn't say "unknown"

Also incase your woundering - yes windows knows theres a problem with this as the device manager displays it of having a big yellow circle over it with an excluation mark in the middle.

I take it you have tried installing the sound drivers that came with this new motherboard ?!?

They will be located on a CD full of device drivers for that motherboard.

The only other way to help you further is to ask what this new motherboard make/model is, thanks smile

Hi Kharn,

Why don't you just open the case and read the chips, one will say something like "sound", "audio", "aureal", "wave", "midi", "synth", "media" or something along those lines. Get the brand and model and then you can get yourself the drivers.

Cheers,

Christian Blackburn