Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
scottarcher1974

Lost USB 2.0 - Please help

I am running a Sony Vaio PCV-RS510 with MS XP Home Edition (SP2). About 3 weeks ago, my hard drive crapped out and I had it replaced. I used the Sony System Recovery disk and everything is working great now except that my 8 USB ports are now operating at low speed and they used to all be 2.0 and operated at hi-speed. I have uninstalled the host controllers and let XP reinstall them upon start-up. I still do not have the Enhanced host controller. I have talked to Sony, they recommended unistalling SP2, installing their SP2 patches and reinstalling SP2. I did all of that, still no results.

Can anyone give me some tips to recover my USB 2.0 capabilities?

Thanks

I had the same problem and tried the same things. Finally, I went to DEVICE MANAGER and chose UPDATE DRIVER under everything under UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS controllers that had UPDATE DRIVER in the context menu. I rebooted and all was good.

Hi Scott,

I can't be the only one that thinks it's rude to post the same question three times. That's like saying your problem is three times as important as anyone else's.

Cheers,

Christian Blackburn

Trust me Christian, you're not. Posting it 3 seperate times is a pain in the *** for the people that help around here. First because not everyone gets to see that there are 3 of them. Second you get multiple responses and it also knocks 2 other postings off the main listing and those people deserve as much help as anyone else does.