Hi guys,

i just made a little hack with NFS4 : High Stakes

get the exe here,

http://rapidshare.de/files/16400000/nfshs.exe_.html

extract the iso from your cd, edit the iso with UltraISO - for example,

update nfshs.exe with this new one, save image,

burn image to cd,

install, play NFS4 on XP...

( for some reason this was the simplest way to do it... )

if you like it, mirror it, coz this link will most likely expire in 30 days, bye...

WINDOWS 2000 / XP (BUT NOT VISTA) COMPATIBILITY GUIDE FOR NEED FOR SPEED 4: HIGH STAKES (ROAD CHALLENGE).

The following procedure will make your Need For Speed 4: High Stakes (Road Challenge) game RUN PERFECTLY UNDER WINDOWS 2000 / XP (but NOT Vista).

Game will run just as good as under win95/98/me. And I 've tried to make the guide as much detailed as possible, so non-advanced users can follow it.

So, let's start:

1. Install the game, if you haven't already. Make sure you make a FULL installation of the game

2. Reboot

3. Go here and download the Windows 2000/XP/NT compatibility patch. After you download and unzip, copy the NfSHS.EXE file you will find inside. Go to your NFSHS setup directory (usually it's My Computer --> C --> Program files --> Electronic Arts --> Need For Speed High Stakes) and paste it. When you get asked if you want to replace, answer yes.

4. Reboot.

5. Now you can run the game under windows 2000/xp, but only in software render mode (the game cannot take advantage of the 3D acceleration of your graphics card, and thus graphics appear primitive). To enable 3D acceleration, go here and download the Fast graphics patch. After you download, run the nfspatch10.exe file you just downloaded. You will get to a screen where it wants you two select one of the two options (nfs4 or nfs5). Make sure that the "nfs4" option is disabled (the icon on it's left is grey) and "nfs5" option is enabled (the icon on it's left is red). Complete the patch installation (but pressing

next/install). Reboot.

6. Go to Start --> All programs --> Electronic Arts --> Need For Speed High Stakes --> 3D Device Setup. On the window that opens, under the "3D graphics renderer" section, make sure that "Direct3D Device1" is selected from the menu (or if you don't see that, select anything else available except "software renderer"). and then OK. If a warning appears, just click yes/ok and then Ok again.

I have tried this on an two computers, with a NVIDIA and an ATI cards, and it's absolutely perfect. Game runs 100% fine. However, it does NOT work for vista.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The Windows 2000/XP/NT compatibility patch works both as a compatibility patch and as a "crack".

This means that if you want to run the game from a backup copy, you will have no problem with the above procedure. There is no need to, and you MUST NOT use any other "cracks" you may have or that were included in the disk. This will prevent the compatibility patch from working. Just follow the above procedure, and the game will run on your backup copies just fine (so that you don't have to risk making a scratch to that precious genuie collectible disk you have in your library).

I need the NEED FOR SPEED and you link no have DOWNLOAD plis give me another link for DOWNLOAD the ARCHIVE i need the NFS High Stakes (4) for XP