Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
need help

ASUS GeForce N6600 - monitor wont respond on start up

It stopped responding when I made my computer sleep for awhile and then it wouldn't come back on so I had to switch to my computer monitor jack instead of the GeForce. Now I don't really know much about the whole computer thing and how it all works so I could really use a lot of details and step by step. :\

Originally posted by need help:

Quote:
It stopped responding when I made my computer sleep for awhile and then it wouldn't come back on so I had to switch to my computer monitor jack instead of the GeForce. Now I don't really know much about the whole computer thing and how it all works so I could really use a lot of details and step by step. :\

Okay, so what you are saying is that your computer went into "hibernation mode", and when you brought it back, your vidcard wouldn't work. Right?

Now, you want details, yet you have provided none yourself! wink

I suspect that your onboard video is still enabled, so when you came out of hibernation it screwed with your vidcard. Onboard video has to be disabled when running an add-in card, this must be done through the BIOS.

How is that done in your BIOS? I have no freakin idea, as I have no freakin idea what your system consists of! Details, yes, always details, when asking for help, system specs are very important, we can't help if we don't know what we are dealing with. :x

Uh, It's on a window xp, pavilion... perhaps I could a list of stuff I might need in order to help detail out my computer? x)

Do you have an idea what type of pavillion it is? If you don't it is normally on the front of the model and it'll say pavillion then like a1200 or something like that. But as Relic was saying your card was somehow messed with and your onboard graphics card was enabled, now to get to the bios on your computer I have no idea how it is setup for a pavillion of any model but on everycomputer I have ever worked with all you have to do is restart your computer and tap one of the following f10, f11, f12, or the delete key. Once in your bios there will be a choice that is like perpheral settings or something of the sort, you then click down until there press enter, then you will see a choice about a video card or onboard graphics or something like that once again I don't know alot about pavillions, then scroll down until you see the video card choice and disable it. Exit saving your changes then switch the cord back to your Card and if that's all it was then it should work. But like Relic we would need details like model number and possibly specif details on the video card and how old it is and stuff like that and if you could find out your bios name that would be most helpful!

It's a Hp, a420n. As I said before, I don't really know much about computer and the thing that freaks me out is that something could go wrong and I might not be able to get my monitor to work at all so er, before I try the "Bios", Ill wait for further commands or unless I need to go test it out now ;(