Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nektc

Error 662: Cannot create image file

Every time I try to create the image it will let me make the name and pick the destination but when I tell it to start, it pop's up an alert message that says

-Norton Ghost Cannot Image: Usage Error 662

When I click OK on the alert it goes to the command promt and the first line says

-ABORT: 662, Cannot create image file

I have an idea that the drive doesn't have enough space, but I selected High Compression, I will try some more options but please give some feedback on this.

-Jeff

I just got this exact same message - yet I was not using compression. This was while trying to image a notebook drive hooked to a PC through an IDE adapter. Has no one responded to this? Somebody help us!!!

Did you guys ever get a reply or a solution. I'm running into the same thing and looking for a solution.

check your shared folder permissions and your NTFS permissions. I just had this problem because my shared folder permissions had everyone as "read" rather than full control. set it to full control (NTFS permissions can be used to apply more restrictive access if necessary).

make sure whatever account your using has write access to the folder your saving the image to.

the above post is a bit misleading, making it sound like you can't save the file to an NTFS partition, which is not the case, just need to configure permissions.

ehoward250, I agree with you that the suggestion of Symantec regarding ntfs is misleading. However, I have the same error, using an external hdd via usb with Ghost Peer to Peer networking.

How do I grant access to users in DOS? ??

Used: Norton Ghost 2003.755, Advanced -> Peer to Peer, Panasonic and Iomega ASPI USB-UHCI 1.0 V21: 06 August 2002 and DI1000.sys

First you cannot create images of Dynamic disks eg Mirrored, Striped disks and possibly some RAID setups eg Sata.

As for granting access on the Command prompt you can use the CACLS command to change NTFS permissions. To change Share permissions try the SUBINACL command.