Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
trb1975

Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000 causes issues with Win XP

Hope someone may be able to help with this one. I have purchased a Logitech Quickcam Pro 5000 webcam and I am running Win XP Pro. However when I install the drivers for this camera I get 3 issues that I have noticed (there may be others) :

1) When I double click My Computer the window opens but I do not see any icons for my C Drive, DVD Drive etc. Instead the searching torch comes up as if it is having difficulties locating my various drives. After a few minutes they eventually appear.

2) When I open Internet Explorer and I start to to type in the address bar something like www.eb I would usually have got a list of previous websites I had visited beginning with www.eb (i.e. www.ebay.co.uk, www.ebay.com etc) Also if I type in www.ebay.co.uk and press return it does not do anything, if I type http://www.ebay.co.uk then it loads the site fine.

3) I have CuteFTP installed and when I launch this it sort of loads CuteFTP but then a message box comes up saying server is busy, I get a retry button but have to click this numerous times before it eventually loads CuteFTP fully.

These problems occur weather the webcam is plugged in or not.

If I do a Windows Restore back to the point just prior to installing the Logitech Drivers all these problems disappear so it is definately due to installing the Logitech Drivers.

Does anyone have any ideas of what might be causing this? I have looked on the Logitech website but there are no mention of these sort of problems.

Thanks in advance of any assistance