Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
VahnJ

Warcraft II, A few problems.

My first problem is sort of solved. I'm running XP SP2, and Warcraft II loaded up just fine. I went to single player and it didn't detect my CD (I have an official CD), so I used a no cd crack to get around it. Now during the briefings I don't hear them talking, build four farms and a barracks stuff. I think it's because of the no cd crack, but not sure. Also, I'm using VDMsound.

My second problem is problably really easy to solve, BUT I just want to be sure. It scrolls way to fast. I believe I heard about CPU Killer and Mo'Slow as a cure for this problem, just want to make sure.

Thirdly, I'm not seeing any of the FMV's which I think is tied to the no cd crack. If anybody knows how to get it working with the retail CD, that would be great. Thx.

I used DosBox and the same thing is occurring. It still won't detect my CD. I dragged the war2.exe file over DosBox and started it that way. I tried typing the commands in and got nowhere, used the VOGONS pictorial newbie guide and that didn't help any, then I tried mounting the cdrom as well, which got me nowhere.

I've looked through the readme file, the pitcoral guide to getting started and the Wiki. I still can't figure it out.

I'm guessing I need to mount the cdrom. Something along the lines of mount D D:\ -t cdrom (My D drive is my DVD rome drive and my E drive is my CD-Rom drive.) So maybe I shold mount the E drive instead.

You need to download a CVS build of DosBox, since DosBox 0.63 is very old.

Go to http://vogons.zetafleet.com (Official DosBox Forum)

Search for "DosBox + CVS + Build"

Download either ykwhong's or gulikoza's builds.

Originally posted by VahnJ:

Quote:

My second problem is problably really easy to solve, BUT I just want to be sure. It scrolls way to fast. I believe I heard about CPU Killer and Mo'Slow as a cure for this problem, just want to make sure.

Hi, I don't know if there's another way to fix this but a Battle Net Edition of Warcraft II works normally on Wxp and W2k. No fast scroll.