Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MaXteRror

ACCESSIBILITY OPTIONS

I CAN'T FIND MY ACCESSIBILITY OPTIONS IN THE CONTROL PANEL!

this is no joke. i think i changed something to high contrast, and now i need to change it back. is there any way i can find the folder again? i tried search but it didn't come up with anything. what could have caused this?? please help, this is messing up my IE i think and i need IE for certain things

If I understand you correctly, your start menu links to the accessibility options are missing and you are stuck in high-contrast mode.

There is another way to switch your color scheme away from high-contrast mode. Open your display control panel and change your color scheme.

If you are not familiar with how to do this, we have a free tutorial on our website that walks you through the process step by step. You can view it at http://www.schrockinnovations.com/accessibility1.php.

tschrock,

Perhaps if you ask Phillip nicely he will set up the DB to automatially put a post in every thread which automatically extracts the subject of the thread and offers the OP a free tutorial on how to solve their problem from your website.

Obviously maintaining your website must be arduous work and taking the time to spam our forum (and probably many others) must be time consuming for you.

In fact if you really want to advertise your website, there's this thing called a "commercial advertising transaction" whereby you can pay to have an advertisement placed on every page of the forum in similar to the existing advertisements.

In closing I'd just like to say STOP SPAMMING THIS FORUM PARASITE. I was going to point you to a tutorial on your website about how to stop yourself from spamming, but I couldn't find it. Perhaps you could research it and report back.

Oh and if you don't like my tone, wait till Relic reads your post, then you see some tone.

Sorry if I offended anyone. We are a computer repair shop and we get a lot of the same questions frequently so we develop help articles to assist people.

By definition, spamming is plastering unsolicited links on a forum to unrelated content. I have never and will never do that.

In fact, if you read my post you will see that I offered the solution IN THE FORUM and then offered a link back to the tutorial IF the user needed additional help. I could understand your anger if I simply posted a link that said "go here for the solution" but that would be spam, and that is not what I did.

A quick review of your recent post shows a small handful actually helped anyone solve a problem. Who really cares if you get 400 spam emails a day in you Yahoo in box? Who uses Yahoo anymore anyway?

I checked my logs, and I have received a whole 13 visits from this forum, and I have posted about 6 times. If the moderator has a problem with me posting links to relevant content (like bootdisk.com, and yes, the schrock website) I am sure I will hear from the moderator.

Until I am told otherwise felix, I will continue to help people and yes, post links to relevant content.

So you hope that some of these posts will help get your site some more hits I would imagine wink

Be that as it may you could just as easily post the tip in the thread and not post the link to your site unless asked, but of course that negates the free advertising aspect too....

Originally posted by tschrock:

Quote:
Sorry if I offended anyone. We are a computer repair shop and we get a lot of the same questions frequently so we develop help articles to assist people.

By definition, spamming is plastering unsolicited links on a forum to unrelated content. I have never and will never do that.

In fact, if you read my post you will see that I offered the solution IN THE FORUM and then offered a link back to the tutorial IF the user needed additional help. I could understand your anger if I simply posted a link that said "go here for the solution" but that would be spam, and that is not what I did.

A quick review of your recent post shows a small handful actually helped anyone solve a problem. Who really cares if you get 400 spam emails a day in you Yahoo in box? Who uses Yahoo anymore anyway?

I checked my logs, and I have received a whole 13 visits from this forum, and I have posted about 6 times. If the moderator has a problem with me posting links to relevant content (like bootdisk.com, and yes, the schrock website) I am sure I will hear from the moderator.

Until I am told otherwise felix, I will continue to help people and yes, post links to relevant content.

Actually, to further the definition of SPAM in forums/message boards/usenet groups, self-promotion or promotion of a specific site, repeatedly, is considered SPAM.

Seeing that you post a link to your site with every post you make, and also have a link to your site in your sig, you are definitely promoting yourself, and your business.

Do you have advertisers on your site? Well then, every page hit you get counts to you, page hits are VERY important to advertisers, and therefor very important to you.

Here's an idea, I'll just check it out for myself...

***EDIT***

Thar ya go, on your home page, "google ads", ayup, and every hit promotes your page upwards in the search rankings.

Conclusion: SPAM.