Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
katinelis

CAN'T LOAD MY RESIDENT EVIL 2 SAVES =(

Hi all. I really need help.Tried everything to load my saved games ;( Tried the compatibility thing,tried changing saved games directory.NOTHING!!!! :x ;( :x

When I try to load it says LeonA /00/ Waiting Room.Even when I play with Claire it says the same... ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(

REALLY,REALLY NEED HELP :x (please)

Sounds more like file corruption than a XP compatibility problem.

Can you give more details, does the game load ok or does it crash while playing it? Whats the full error message?

Everything is Ok.The game runs ok,nothing crashes except when I save the game in Claire mode I can't load it says LeonA /00/ Waiting room.In Leon mode it says Load Failed.Next thing I have to do is play the game again from the very beginning ;( ;( ;(

I was having the same problem, so i had prepared a partition of 1GB to install win98 to run the game.

But then I tried once more to install the game. When I put browse to select another directory to install i got the error 'unable to find the file. please reboot and try again'. Then I got the idea of installing on the smaller partition of 1GB and ... no bad message.

I copied my save games to this partition and set the save game directory. Then I ran the game and the save games now loaded.

I hope it helps.

I have the same problem on my resident evil 2.

Crash when saving.

Do I really need to make a partition?

I'm trying to understand why the heck you like making your lives harder!! You are doing all these "tricks" for the sake of 1 minute job! Forget about compatibility, partitions, rebooting etc etc and especially McDonalds they hurt stomach crazy The problem with RE2 is that it cannot read from a sub-directory on the hard disk i.e, C:\Capcom\Resident Evil 2, it can only read from first level folders i.e C:\Resident Evil 2. That's why you cannot load a thing.

So here is the "procedure" of making your saved files appearing on the load screen:

Btw, you can either install the game or just play it directly from the CD it doesn't affect anything. So, click on the exe file and then on "SAVE GAME FOLDER", and create a new folder under the C and call it "Resident Evil 2" (C:\Resident Evil 2). Make sure to select that folder as your save destination and click OK and then exit. NOW PLAY THE DAMN GAME!!!! shocked

Originally Posted By: Resident Evil addict
I'm trying to understand why the heck you like making your lives harder!! You are doing all these "tricks" for the sake of 1 minute job! Forget about compatibility, partitions, rebooting etc etc and especially McDonalds they hurt stomach crazy The problem with RE2 is that it cannot read from a sub-directory on the hard disk i.e, C:\Capcom\Resident Evil 2, it can only read from first level folders i.e C:\Resident Evil 2. That's why you cannot load a thing.
So here is the "procedure" of making your saved files appearing on the load screen:
Btw, you can either install the game or just play it directly from the CD it doesn't affect anything. So, click on the exe file and then on "SAVE GAME FOLDER", and create a new folder under the C and call it "Resident Evil 2" (C:\Resident Evil 2). Make sure to select that folder as your save destination and click OK and then exit. NOW PLAY THE DAMN GAME!!!! shocked

Sounds like you are really a RE addict wink

Hey anyone here that have Problem with Save/Load in Resident Evil 2!

after 2-3 day searching all over the net and trying everything that not worked!

I finally (better say suddenly) solved my problem myself :rolleyes::P

the thing that caused the problem to be solved:

1-Open <ResidentEvil2 Game Folder>\Regist\Res2_uninst.exe

2- Check the "Registry" CheckBox and Click Uninstall

That's it!

After That my problem solved!

some other things that may be help(the other things i'v done):

* I Created a New Folder and named it "ResidentEvil2" Then Copied all files of both Disk (Leon & Clair) to this Folder (if asked for overwrite click yes)

* Set compatibility of "CLAIREP.EXE" & "LEONP.EXE" & "ResidentEvil2.exe" in ResidentEvil2 Folder to "Windows95" and "Administrator" Privilege

* Graphic Card set to Unknown Card

* My Windows is "7 Ultimate 64bit"

* Directory of my game folder => C:\ResidentEvil2

* Drive Format Type: NTFS

and this is my screenshot of my registy(regedit): http://www.mediafire.com/download/tikxiypjh7e874b/ResidentEvil2+Registry.jpg

as you see Save Location is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\CAPCOM\RESIDENT EVIL2\"

Hope you could solve this problem too and enjoy ;):)