Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ic3m4n

Help with a motherbord !!! pls

i have on old pc like 4 years or + so.. its an old intel 333 mhz if i remeber ht eproblem is.. that i dont have any manual for the motherbord .. i tyd to search info about the mother bord.. but the only thing i know that is pac-2002 .. only this it wroten on the bord .. so.. pls if any body has a users manual or any info about the mother bord pls let me know ...

the problem is.. that when it start it says

eror no hardisk found

eror no keybord present

ps : i have them both.. installed..

The problem here could be a simple as replacing the battery for the CMOS chip, booting into the BIOS (once the keyboard responds) and resetting the hard drive parameters to turning the computer into a boat anchor and throwing it away since some aberrant electrical spike blitzed the hard drive and the motherboard.

Try a different keyboard or even a USB keyboard to bring up the computer so that you can get into the BIOS to see what needs to be reset, particularly the hard drive. If it reboots and goes into windows, it is possible that all you needed was the CMOS battery. If not, your hard drive may have failed. Format a bootable floppy drive, get into the BIOS again, set it to boot from the A:\ drive, then save the changes in BIOS and reboot. If it comes up with a Dos prompt, it is probable that the hard drive is unusable.

it dosent has USB port i tryd other keybords i tryd whit new hdd

i taked out the battery i changetid still the same thing..

it could be that the port ps2 had burnd out ???

oh yes.. and i think i know why it dosent know that there is a hdd.. i dont know wich of the 3 ports on the mother bord is the primery.. because there are 3 .. frown i gona make a picture in the weekend and maybe then u could help 10q for trying!

My guess is that since both the mouse and the hard drive are not working, you have a short of some kind - possibly created by an electrical spike. Sounds like the motherboard needs replacing. In any event, since it doesn't have USB ports, it is bound to have serial ports - either the 9 pin or the RS-232 type. Get a serial mouse and see if you can at least get it to where you can get into the Bios.