Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DaKo

nVidia GeForce 6600GT PROBLEMS

hi, i have problems with my graphic card, it was half year funkctional without no problems, one day it starts, in all 3D games it making some problems, when i start some game it start with blinking dots on my monitor, after 1-3 minutes I can see black triangles heading to the center of my monitor, it start with few triangles and with time there is more of it, finally it completely blur (bring out/deface/smear/blear) and i must shut down the game or reset pc

I am already done 2 formats and reinstal windows

my pc: MSI MS-StarForce GeForce 6600 GT (NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT) (128MB,

1GB RAM,

AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3000+ @ 2010MHz (MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD MS-7135 mainboard)

I am sorry for my english...

If I make the following presumptions:

1) You have not installed new drivers recently

2) This happens in all or most of your games

3) You have not installed any new hardware lately

Then, I would be left to conclude that you have a heat problem, namely, that the fan installed on the graphic card is failing or cutting in too late to cool down the card. If you do have a problem with the fan, it can be replaced. However, if some of the components on the card did overheat there still may be some damage to those components even with a new fan replacement.

Now, if my initial presumptions are incorrect and you have installed new nVidia drivers, you should uninstall the present drivers properly (use Driver Heaven if you are not sure how) and then download the specific drivers form the MSI website that they suggest for your card. The generic nVidia drivers will work with your MSI card, but MSI's drivers add special functionality to their drivers for their cards.

If this is happening in only one game and not all, you may need to look for the patch that will resolve the problem.

If you have installed new hardware for your machine recently, then there are a couple of possibilities - your PCU may need to be replaced because it is not up to the increased power demand, or the new hardware has affected the air flow within the machine increasing its ambient temperature. Pull the side off the computer to allow more air flow to see if the problem will disappear.

"Pull the side off the computer to allow more air flow to see if the problem will disappear." this lead me to open my pc and i saw that the ventilator of graphic card crashed, thx for help