Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Andy_25

How do I make Win2K to crash?

Hello

I've been running Win2K for ages now and I can't seem to make it crash! Usually when I get drunk I can get Win98 to crash in 5 mins....

Whats wrong with Win2K? Is it Drunk proof or what? Come on, someone help me!

..... Sorry just joking,,,,. I've just been so happy with Win2K. Even when I'm totally wasted I cannot get the damn thing to crash.

smile

I hope everyone gets that I'm joking.....

But on a lighter note, I really think this forum is great! It's help me overcome a lot problems with Win2k!

Thanks everyone!

smile

Does anyone read these messages? Just curious! Sorry, If I'm being a pain in the ass...

Sure I read them wink

I am just wondering how often you use the computer while drunk! That must really make Q3 a little trippy. =)

Back to the original question, although in jest, I think www.winternals.com has a small program soley designed to cause various types of crashes. It was written for NT4, so I am kind of curious if it still works, or is available for that matter.

Really what I meant to say was that Win2K is DrunkProof, which is pretty cool in my book! Usually when I run Win98 for about an hour ít usually crashes, but I havent been able to "crash" Win2k in my drunken stupor.

So, hands up to Windows 2000!!!!

An OS supported by drunken assholes! It works great!!!!

Can't get win2k to crash!!!

Well here's a litle tip, why don't u try to run some games on it, mine crashes for sure. The bloody thing crashes when using Internet explorer for goods sake.

Try using any of the drivers for the TNT or the Geforce series of cards. That will crash it for sure

Sorry I must disagree I have a TNT2 with my Tyan Tiger 100 2x600MHZ and it rocks the house ...... ROCK STABLE

Regards

Jim

I think your one of the few endangered species of stable nvidia users. I have tried a TNT2 and a Geforce and man it was horrible, plop my V3 back in and bang everything just works. Now thats nice.

------------------

§E£DZÅR

http://www.win2knews.com

I've been running Win2k with the nvidia 3.78 drivers for my Guillemot TNT2 since they came out and have not crashed once, been running UT and Q3 with no problems. Completely removed Win98 off my system last weekend because game performance between 2000 and 98 is almost identical on my system and I hadnt used 98 in a month or more.

Celeron 500 o/ced to 563

Abit BH6

384 meg of RAM

Guillemot TNT2(non-ultra running at 155/183)

hehe, this is funny...how to make win2k crash? well here is a tip..

install 3dstudio max ver. 3.1 and open a modell using 1 million + triangles....with my dual p3 600mhz/133Mhz coppermine and 256 PC133 RAM...geee...booomm!! it goes down like a baby! otherwise its stable like a rock!

ASUMING YOU ARE NOT RUNNING SOME DAMN BETA OR SO CALLED CRACKED DRIVERS/PROGS...

smilesmilesmile

/silent-iq

I must admit, I had a good laugh reading this thread! All you guys talkin about how to make your OS crash! Usually you try to figure out how to NOT make it crash! lol

Anyways, I have a Diamond Viper V770 Ultra. I've been using the detonator 3.78 drivers since they came out and also used the 3.76 for their life span. Not one prob. Solid as a rock in Q3 and UT and everything else. I have an Amptron 3100 mobo w/ one P2 450@504 (112X4.5)

The only problem I've had with Win2k so far is LiveWare. I've tried all the beta versions, the cracked versions.. you name it. The file devldr32.exe always stops responding on shutdown. But that's not even Win2k.

Anyways, I'm sorta drunk right now so I'm gonna go smile

huu huuuuuu

Did you try to erase your registry ?

Damn IT WORKS !! GREAAAAAAT !!!

YOU WILL BE ABLE TO CRASH YOUR OS !!!!YAHOOO!!

WTF AM I SAYING ??! IT'BEEN 10 YEARS THAT WE ARE WAITING FOR AN OS THAT COULD BE STABLE AND NOW ...( Hum keep kool :))

... Well don't worry i m sure that one day (in the far future) it will crash ... one day, And then you'll ask ; "HOW CAN I FIX MY OS ???? PLIIIZ HEEEEEELPPP !!!" :P

------------------

God gave me life, the AwP gives me the strength !

So let me shoot them all,

and let God sort them out !