Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arin

Installed IE 7 public beta 2. Windows crashes at logon. Safemode doesnt work.

I just restarted the computer, booted into windows xp w/ sp2 fine, downloaded and installed IE 7 public beta 2 and restarted the computer again. When I get to the windows logon screen before I can click on my user profile the computer screen goes blank, shows the mouse, sits for a few seconds and restarts. Some times I am able to click my user profile, but it brings up the password box (I dont have a password) briefly before it gives me the same black screen with the mouse before it reboots. I tried safemode. When the windows logon screen comes up with the user profiles, the same problem occurs. I tried the last known good configuration and the same problem occurs. I tried the VGA mode and the same problem occurs. I even set the bios to the default settings but I get the same problem!

I'm stuck! I cant get into windows, I cant uninstall IE 7 which seems to be causing the problem so what should I do? Should I put in the xp cd and do one of those repair installs? Will that mess any of my settings up? What about the system restore? is there a way to bring up the system restore with out fully loading into windows so I could roll it back right before I installed IE 7?

I'm at a bit of a loss here... Anyone else have this problem or have any solutions for me?

Well I was forced to do a repair install. Now everything is messed up. I cant Run, reinstall or uninstall IE 7 beta 2. My motherboard drivers are also giving me problems.

Yes.

I did a repair install and had to get the uninstall folder off a friends machine. Its back to normal now.