Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
karra_setiawan

Need help on configuring linux fedora core with wlan

Could we have a little more information first?

What exact card, make model and revision do you have? For example, DWL-650 revision b. If you need to, consult the D-Link support page to properly identify your card and revision number.

This will help us determine what exact chipset is on the card, as they can vary even with the same model number.

Is this a desktop system or laptop that you are using? Make and model of your system, please.

I'm sorry i forget to tell the spesification before, i'm using DLINK DSL G-510. with linux fedora core 3. i'm a verry new user in linux so.... may i have a detail how to operate the WLAN configuration. Many Thanks

We still need to know what revision card this is, A or B. This will determine what method to use to get the card up. One is a Marvell chipset, the other is Atheros.

If you don't know where to look, refer to the previous link that I gave to the D-Link webpage and note the revision number for your card.

I assume that you know your security settings (WEP or WPA keys) and your essid to the router?

If it is a revision B, the Atheros chipset model, then look at this previous post about the 11th post down, which gives a good description of what to do. It is the first post from dleon.