Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
foehn5670

toshiba recovering problem

hi, i have a problem with the toshiba laptop. a week, when i open the my wireless laptop, some of the major file appear to be corrupt, and it told me use the cd-rom try to repair the file. so i restore my laptop by using the toshiba recovery cd. everything went well, but after 28% of complete recovery. something pop up, it said upload A:ghost.err. since i dont have A-driver, whatever i click yes or no, it still failure. i also did use boot from cd, but still not working.

my questions are "does anyone have the similar problem?" and "how did you solve such problem?" I have the warranty, and just wondering if the repair store can solve such problem, anybody know please say something, it will be very helpfull. tyvm smile

Do you get access to somekind command prompt after that?

If you do, try re-running ghost by using this command:

ghost -afile=NUL

This prevents ghost to writing any error information to file.

well, it is not kinda command though, it just black and one small underline flashing. when you said rerun the ghost, what do you mean? since i don't have the A:ghost.err. i mean does it work, has your laptop have teh similar problem, and solved by it? anything would be helpful. tyvm

yes, window 98. i have tried like ten times. the same result: A:ghost.err. I guess i have to take the laptop to the shop and try to repair it. dam!

How do exactly do that anyway? please list the instruction step by step? oh, do u think the shop repair store can repair this kind of problem?