Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
geoft

Logitech Quick Cam screws up XP Start Menu/Task Bar

Need some help here please. Have installed Logitech Quickcam 8.4.7 on both of my Dell Laptops, one running XP home SP 1 and the other, brand new, the latest XP Professional. Installed and camera works on both. However likewise on each on, after Restart, the original Taskbar configuration is lost and the Quick Launch is disabled. After turning on Quick Launch and adding Taskbars back to original configuration and then bringing up camera, the Start Menu frame showing the most recent applications used is "black" and the clicking on a Taskbar does not popup the folder. Likewise some of the Quick Launch icons do not work, like initiating an ADSL Network Connection. Thought this might be USB related as older laptop has a lot connected to it and is only a 1.0 port. However new laptop has nothing on it and has a 2.0 port.

I don't know if you have got an answer on this. I have just registered seconds ago for this topic. This is the exact problem that I have on my machine, Asus A8N SLI-Premium, X2 4200+ Dual Core, Nforce 4 SLI chipset. Geforce 7600GR graphics, Quickcam 5000 Pro. XP Pro SP-2 fully updated on WIndows Update.

The solution for me? Uninstall Quickcam software BUT NOT uninstall the drivers (I got these 2 items on the Add and remove programs menu). After this my Start Menu returned to normality. I was using 9.5.0 Logitech SW.

I could not detect this problem before, after making a registry clean with JV16 Power Tools 2006 I started to have the issue, and removing the Logitech SW was the only solution.

Logitech Microphone also conflicts with the hardware acceleration of my SB Audigy 2 card. I have to disable it if not in use.

I thing I will try to reinstall WIndows on this machine and see if the the Logitech software works again.

Hope this helps.