Jump to content


Photo

Configuring wireless for FC2


  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 showiz

showiz

    stranger

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 01:41 AM

Hi,
I just installed FC2 on a dual boot environment. I have connectivity through wire, but I'd like to configure my wireless. I'm entirely new to Linux. Does anyone one how I can configure it and where I could get drivers? Itz a proxim 802.11a/b/g card. I checked manufacturer's website. They dont have it. And I thought I d/l ed the driver from one of the Linux websites. But I dont know how to compile it. Does anyone know how to do this? Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Shobana

#2 danleff

danleff

    Carpal Tunnel

  • Moderators
  • 2903 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 07:46 PM

We need more information.


Quote:
Hi,
I just installed FC2 on a dual boot environment. I have connectivity through wire, but I'd like to configure my wireless. I'm entirely new to Linux. Does anyone one how I can configure it and where I could get drivers? Itz a proxim 802.11a/b/g card.


OK, what exact model of Proxim is this? They made several and from what I read, there are at least three different chipsets that they used in their cards. Knowing which exact model and revision card that you have will help us determine what driver you actually need.

I am just curious, any reason why you installed Fedora Core 2 and not Core 4, which has better wireless support?


Quote:
I checked manufacturer's website. They dont have it. And I thought I d/l ed the driver from one of the Linux websites.


Did you actually download a driver or not? Is it in your home folder? I understand that you are new to Linux, so bear with me.

Also, I have no idea what driver you downloaded or from where. Could you supply a link to the site that you downloaded it from? Or at least a file name of the driver?

Quote:
But I dont know how to compile it. Does anyone know how to do this? Any help is greatly appreciated


Again, we need to know what the driver is and where you got it. This will determine if you downloaded the correct one and what is needed to install the driver. Often, there are several different wireless driver projects, so we need to know what you downloaded.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq