Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
wasabihead

ARRR I'm completely stumped here with me sounds

seriously

at first I was getting winamp up and I get the direct sound output error... so I searched around here and took the advice of some of the replies to that...

only I still don't get sound, and at that point I realized foolishly that I'm not getting sound at all

so I looked at my device manager and apparently all my audio drivers are working properly...

I just don't get it X[] >:?

the only option I can think of now is re-formatting, but I really don't want to do that...!

please, help would be much appreciated!

Ok, I re-formatted my computer anyway, but I still don't get any sound, there's nothing wrong with my speaker, I tried using a cd player with it and its crystal clear,

then the problem at hand is the drivers..! ...most probably

I have a creative audioPCI128 ensoniq (ES5880)

its relatively old and they don't update it anymore

so my updates are very limited...

I tried going to driversguide and creative labs and use any drivers that fit my driver, but to no avail I still can't get my audio ;_;

however, I managed to get distortion when the trademark windows sound loads up whenever I start my computer

so I tried up[censored] my driver that apparently fixes that error, and it fixed it!

well

only half of it, then the distortion came back...

PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD SUFFICE, THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

thanks for directing me to that forum, I'll try asking around there-_-, they do discuss it, but I'm not sure if its similar to my case, I'll try asking around there, thanks again I appreciate it!

A. Zombie I've dled them already thanks anyway