Compatible Support Forums
staticx

problem installing Sims 2 on disc 3...

Ok so i went out and got sim 2 for my PC.. i meet the installation reqs. but for some reason on disc 3 at 76% it says,

"A problem occured when trying to transfer the file 'TSData\Res\Sound\RnB.package' from the media."

I checked the disc for scratches etc.. but there was none.. but i cleaned it anyway t be sure... umm i have tried installing it about 3 times and i keep getting the same error at the same spot at 76%. I would be very pleased if anyone of you could help me out here.

Thanks

David

Hello Sampson, my son had exactly the same problem but I coudn´t understand how will work your proposal solution... when I click at link above, the system take me to ntcompatible home page with a message "You have not the permission to access this forum." ... could you help us on this? What we need to do to install the rest of disc 3 and start to install disk 4?

Super Thanks from your brazilian friends...Du and Fabio.

To copy the Sims 2 installation files to your hard drive:

Quote:

1 - Go into My Computer.

2 - Open drive C.

3 - Right-click inside the window and select New, and then Folder.

4 - Name the folder as Disk Images (it is important that the name has a space in it).

5 - Open the disk images folder.

6 - Right-click inside the window and select New, and then Folder.

7 - Name this folder Disk1.

8 - Repeat steps 6 and 7 while substituting Disk1 for Disk2 and so on until there are 4 'Disk' folders followed by a number 1 through 4. it is important to note there must not be a space between "Disk" and the number.

9 - Insert Disk 1 of The Sims 2 into your CD-Rom drive and if the autoplay starts, cancel it.

10 - Go into My Computer.

11 - Right-click on your CD-ROM drive and choose Open.

12 - When you see the contents of the disk in the Window, click on Edit at the top of the window and choose Select All.

13 - All the contents of the disk should now be highlighted, click on Edit at the top of the window again and choose Copy.

14 - Open the Disk1 folder you created under C:\Disk Images; click on Edit at the top of the window and choose Paste. This will copy the contents of the CD into the Disk1 folder.

15 - Repeat steps 9 through 14 for the remaining disks until you have copied each disk into its appropriate folder.

16 - Once all the disks have been copied, remove ALL CDs from any drives.

17 - Open the Disk1 folder under Disk Images and double-click on autorun.exe to start the installation.

18 - To save disk space, you can delete the Disk Images folders after the installation is complete.

Try that smile

I've buyed Sims 2 for PC, i find not problem, try to copy all 4 Cd's to your pc and write one DVD with the name of disk 1 (check the disk1), put the DVD on drive and run...

My version use DVD mode...

or

Try to take money back...

xD