Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gef4000 mx

E-Mail problem need help quickly

I cannot access my e-mail through aol.com or yahoo.com or pretty much anywhere else I have tried many ways to try to get it to work but none so far have worked i used to have regular dial-up then switched to regular cable now i switched again to high-speed cable ( which isn't working which is why i need e-mail for one). I have mediacom and whenever i try to log on it says bad url to retrieve the page press retrieve and then the same page comes up again, so if you have any idea please tell me.

You need to give us a lot more information. Are you retrieving your email by going to a webpage and punching in your name and password? Or are you using Outlook or some other email program?

What browser are you using? Whan you go to any website, do you get this message?

Yeah I thought i needed more information, ok i m using internet explorer, it only happens when im trying to communicate information over e-mail related sites, and I'm using www.aol.com and whenever i click read my mail (www.webmail.aol.com) that error page comes up say check your spelling or click retrieve page from the archives, and its the same with my yahoo e-mail whenever it try to log on it says the same thing; the page for aol that comes up is http://badurl.ieplugin.com/url.cgi?url=http://www.webmail.aol.com/ and no i don't use outlook express i go to the actually website www.aol.com.

I do not mean any disrespect, but why is gef4000 asking for help with IE on a Linux site? Or, is gef... running IE under Linux?

So, gef exactly what are you running and on what platform?

gef4000 posted under Slack Space. This forum is shared between both NTCompatible and LinuxCompatible. Nothing is wrong with this.

If you look at the way the bad url is written, it is saying that you are using an ie plugin or a toolbar which is redirecting your inquiry. Your browser may have been hijacked by some software which is trying to redirect you to a website where you actually don't want to go. You need to run your anti-virus, your spyware virus software and BHODemon.

I'm not sure but wasn't there an issue with IE and SP2 installed about accessing on-line email? initally?? something about security (java, active x or something) or M$ ideas about it.Is your box fully updated? I think it was resolved soon after.

ok well my e-mail problem is resolved i dont know what happend i just restarted my computer in safemode then rebooted regulary and for some reason it decide to let me access my e-mail but i still get that error on most e-mail pages oh well thanks all i have a new networking problem on my computer so you will see it soon