Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cyrusmaniac

Help Needed Urgently!!! Recovering files from shared folders

Hi all,

I admit im newbie to computers. Its the 1st time I'm using a laptop (its a company's laptop) and its linked to a folder in the server. Shared among many people. Anyway, I accidentially deleted a folder from the shared folder.

Both the server and my laptop works on Win XP, there are like 16 people connected to the Shared folder and i tried looking for the files (folder~) every where. Its not in my recycle bin, not in the server's recycle bin, it just disappeared!

The files inside are very important, time critical files! -_- So, I will have to recover the files asap~ Is there any way I could recover the files?

P.S: I tried a 3rd party software but to no avail...

Would really appreaciate the help. Thanx in advance?

Ask the IT people to restore the files from tape as its on the server. They should have a backup procedure in case of user error like this.

Hmm, I dont think that will work... mainly bcause the server is also a laptop (could you believe it??) and im sitting right beside it. Didnt notice any tape or RAID ard... so~ yah...

I redid the entire thing in one night (Zzz my sleep) and manage to get it done. However I would still like to know if any solutions are available... just in case it happens again~

Hello,

[censored] DataRecoveryWizard utility can help. Speaking about me, it was

easily able to restore deleted, lost file and unformat drive,

so I think you will also find it quite useful. Really recommended

tool, give it a try.

http://www.[censored].com/

Hello,

[censored] DataRecoveryWizard utility can help. Speaking about me, it is

easily able to recover deleted, lost file and unformat drive,

The tool helped me once. So I really recommended the recover tool.

http://www.[censored].com/