Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tool_462

Battlefield 2. Shaders/StaticMesh.fx

Hello all,

I try to run Battlefield 2 and i get this message "Shaders/StaticMesh.fx" could not be found!

Why is it doing this now? I just had the game running perfectly fine a few days ago, but had to system restore due to an unrelated issue. What can i do?

Thanks!

I can't tell you how to fix this. thatsteveguy gave you best suggestion. Uninstall it and then reinstall it. You could call the game manufacturer and tell them your quandry. They may be kind enough to supply you with a key.

What is happening is a programming error. It is looking for a routine within a shader module and it is not finding it where it believes it is supposed to be.

If you patched the game, perhaps by applying the patch again, it will redirect the inquiry. If you installed a different mod, by re-modding it, it might redirect it again. A lot of these games have huge caches. It may be that the index and the cache are out of sync. Perhaps you can find the cache (I think bf2 puts this under My Documents in a subfolder \Battlefield 2. Deleting the cache from the cache folder might force the game to reconstruct a new cache. It may be as easy as changing your monitor's resolution or the refresh rate to lower values. Essentially, the message you are getting a bf2 programmer or module creator could probably put his finger on in a second. Sorry, that I couldn't help further.