Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
silvercloud

symantec primary server doesn't update secondary one !

hi all,

i have installed symantec antivirus corporation 10 on a computer as primary server in our lan,

it's IP addrr is 192.168.2.4 .

and installed the same antivirus on other computer as secondary server which has 192.168.1.214 IP addr,

but the problem is the primary server doesn't update secondary server.

the clinets which are on different range from primary server recieve update from it well but the secondary one not,

what is the problem ?

it is related to firewall ?

the primary server is server 2003 and the secondary is xp Sp2 ,

firewall is between hosts,

without any active directory,

i have to mention when i install client version of symantec on secondary server insted of server version it recieve updates from primary server .

i have installed ssc on primary server and i can see all clients of my primary server but no one of secondaries or shown on it .

there is a firewall between this two servers and my friends said she has opened my IP addrr on it to have free comminucation .

but the secondary couldn't update yet .

when i search for the primary server by its IP addr (192.168.2.4) on my computer(192.168.1.214) it can find it,but when i double click its icon to enter it and see shared documents i prompted to enter usename and password , but it is not so for others in 192.168.1.0 .

how can i solve this problem ?

but the problem is just between secondary server and primary ,clinet are ok and see and recieve updates .

what are differences between client to server comminucation and server to server commiunication ????

any hint?

Are all the computers in the same Workgroup? (See System control panel).

Do you have the same user name and password on the all the computers? (See COmputer Management)? IF not, is the Guest account enabled?

tnx.it is ok now,

i was because of my winXp installation,it seems the registery was really damaged , i reinstall XP and any thing goes right.