Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
manxinahat22

HELP!!! How do I undelete from recycle bin?

Ok, so I wrote a paper and saved it to my documents a couple of months ago. I deleted it thinking I didn't need it, and now, I need it! The recycle bin has been emptied a long time since then...So I thought maybe I could do a system restore to the date of the paper. Nothing! I've tried several programs like "restoration" and "un-delete." What else can I do? I really really really need that file! help!!

Because the deletion is so old, the data just might not be there any longer. If American Zombie's program can't bring it back, you might try Winhex which is a hex editor. It there are traces on your disk of portions of your text, and while this method is tedious, you might find something.

Please note that System Restore is nothing to do with documents, its more to do with restoring Drivers, OS Files and programs.

To restore documents, you restore from a backup using NTBackup or other 3rd party programs.

Really, you should do regular backups of your documents to prevent things like this happening!