Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fasteddye

WinXP SPII ftdisk 49 in Event Log

Hello, this is my very first post. I have quite a few WinXP SPII workstations that have the is the Event Log every night.

Event Source: Ftdisk

Event ID: 49

Description: Confiugring the Page file for crash dump failed. Make sure there is a page file on the boot partition and that it is large enough to contain all physical memory.

These a brand new PCs with PIV 2.8Ghz 512MB 80GB.

All the posts I have found on the net refer to this with Windows 2000 Pro & Server. Nothing pertaining to WinXP. I have verified that PageFile settings are correctly set. I have also verified the dump directory is correct. Any other help would be greatly appreciated. Would love to have my Event Log clean of this error.

Thanks

Ed

Like you, I have never seen this event log message on an XP machine. May I ask what process is going on prior to the event log? You say you are seeing this at night, or do you mean that the event log is created at night and you read it the next morning? Or, that at the end of the day you check the event logs as an inventory?

The reason I asked about when the problem appears is that Adaptec CD software has been known to create this message. Particularly if you use Adaptecs Take Two backup software to backup your machine, it is known to create this dump.