Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mohsh86

w32.licum - all executable infected - invalid size cannot be opened

hi i got winxp sp2 and infected with W32.Licum.. its said its speared through exexutables .. i formatted my pc and install windows and try to install norton but error occured i guessed that the virus spread through the partitions .. i got a clean harddisk install windows and norton and scan my old H.D and found about 1300 files infected with this virus all said to be repiared .. but i cannot open them cause their size is small about 164 kb or sth like that :x msg i got is " invaild size compared to ... " or " files corrupted ..." or try not to open the file from interner .. "

how can i got my 1300 .exe files back ! plz help !

NO SCAN TOOLS FOR THIS **** damaged exe ??

and it destroys data .. and miss symmantic says its category is low ?! low risk level 1 are they nutz ??

any ideas?

I really hate to hear that. But, you are a brave one for wanting to hook up a previously infected disk to one that is pristine.

Apparently, once the dl.exe is downloaded onto your machine and opens its backdoor up, it attaches its own code to your executables. The creator probably didn't wasnt to trash your machine just turn it into a bot. Personally, I wouldn't trust any executables on that disk. Best thing is to fdisk it and reformat.

well am not brave lol cause after i installed win xp sp2 and install NAV and update it and installa antispyware and update it and update the windows i attached my prefious infected HD and scanned it .. so i've got the 1300 exe's and they were disinfected from virus but got eventually corrupted.

:mad: