Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spectre630

Firefox 1.5 - Flash and Java problems

Has anyone upgraded to Firefox 1.5 yet and if so, have you had issues with Java and Flash?

I upgraded to 1.5 this morning and now my Flash and Java have quit working. I've reinstalled Flash and nothing. When I tried to run something with Java, Firefox froze. Any ideas?

I just installed the new Firefox 1.5 this morning, since SUSE put it up as an RPM package. I have used Firefox for quite awhile and I will say that 1.5 RC3 did not work with a lot of Java sites correctly, but I've just tried both Java (which didn't work right with RC3 as well as Flash and both are working perfectly here with SUSE 10.0. Actually an improvement over what I had with RC3. I uninstalled RC3 first, then installed 1.5, as suggested.

zenarcher

Flash Player 8.0 does not work if you use Adblock with OBJ-TABS enabled

Due to increased security in Flash Player 8.0, enabling OBJ-TABS in Adblock will result in no Flash content being displayed. The only workaround at this time is to disable OBJ-TABS.

You need to create a symbolic link to the JRE ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so file in the plugins dir of your browser.

Just be sure your paths are correct.

Maybe this can help too.

Java Install for Linux

I have same problem:

Try this:

http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-92810.html

For Flash and Java run "system-config-securitylevel" as root and as your user. For each (root and your user) on the SELinux tab under "Modify SELinux Policy" click "Compatibility", then tick the check boxes for "Allow executables to run with executable stack" and "Allow the use of shared libraries with Text Relocation". Then click the "OK" button.

For me it s correct the problem