Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
d_logaan

socket 939 AMD 64 motherboard w/ linux support

Can anyone recommend a main board (socket 939, AMD64) w/ linux support. Preferably a cheaper board w/ onboard video, audio, and lan.

I orginally bought 2 Asus A8V-MX's but there is no support for the VIA southbridge chipset.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Originally posted by d_logaan:

Quote:
Can anyone recommend a main board (socket 939, AMD64) w/ linux support. Preferably a cheaper board w/ onboard video, audio, and lan.

I orginally bought 2 Asus A8V-MX's but there is no support for the VIA southbridge chipset.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I run an ASUS A8N-SLI with a n AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+ and have had zero problems.

Thanks, but that board's ~$120 w/ no onboard video. My boss is too cheap to go for that. The one I got was ~$65...of course it doesn't have drivers yet, but I'm looking more in that price range.

Originally posted by d_logaan:

Quote:
Thanks, but that board's ~$120 w/ no onboard video. My boss is too cheap to go for that. The one I got was ~$65...of course it doesn't have drivers yet, but I'm looking more in that price range.

Uh so what kind of video card does this guy want?

Look at the thread that you posted on at the via arena site here.

Via notes that support is coming in December/January for the A8V-MX in Fedora. Can you wait?