• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 d_logaan

d_logaan

stranger

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 07:58 AM

Can anyone recommend a main board (socket 939, AMD64) w/ linux support. Preferably a cheaper board w/ onboard video, audio, and lan.
I orginally bought 2 Asus A8V-MX's but there is no support for the VIA southbridge chipset.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

#2 Stumbles

Stumbles

stranger

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 09:28 AM

Originally posted by d_logaan:
Quote:
Can anyone recommend a main board (socket 939, AMD64) w/ linux support. Preferably a cheaper board w/ onboard video, audio, and lan.
I orginally bought 2 Asus A8V-MX's but there is no support for the VIA southbridge chipset.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I run an ASUS A8N-SLI with a n AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3500+ and have had zero problems.

#3 d_logaan

d_logaan

stranger

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 09:53 AM

Thanks, but that board's ~$120 w/ no onboard video. My boss is too cheap to go for that. The one I got was ~$65...of course it doesn't have drivers yet, but I'm looking more in that price range.

#4 Stumbles

Stumbles

stranger

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 11:05 AM

Originally posted by d_logaan:
Quote:
Thanks, but that board's ~$120 w/ no onboard video. My boss is too cheap to go for that. The one I got was ~$65...of course it doesn't have drivers yet, but I'm looking more in that price range.

Uh so what kind of video card does this guy want?

#5 danleff

danleff

Carpal Tunnel

• Moderators
  • 2903 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 06:21 PM

Look at the thread that you posted on at the via arena site here.

Via notes that support is coming in December/January for the A8V-MX in Fedora. Can you wait?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq