Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LMS79

Game Elements Wireless Controller (GGE917)

Need some help here.

I recently bought this controller and it seems to install properly, but it doesn't respond to windows game pad config or within games.

It shows up fine in device manager and in Madden NFL 06, but I get nothing out of it. The red and green LEDs on the pad itself are blinking (according to the manual, it means it needs to be charged - but when I put it on the dock, the charge light turns green after a few minutes - green means fully charged).

I've tried un/re-installing the pad, but to no avail.

No website/support address is listed in the manual, only an email.

Gonna send my issue to them, but I predict I'll get an answer here first.

BUMP

Still need some help, been 3 days since i emailed 'tech support' and no reply.

I only have a phone running at 2.4GHz (same frequency as controller) and i tried unplugging that, still nothing.

I have a baby monitor but that's 900MHz - could that still interfere?

I've got the same controller, and I haven't had any problems with it, I've also got a 2.4ghz cordless phone in the same room, and the base is right next to my wireless router (also 2.4ghz). The first couple times I used it I had to manually force it to link with the base (hit f.connect on the base and then the controller), but ever since then it's automatically linked up. And if anyone happens to find a website for this company (or whatever company produces these things) please let me know, I'd like to find out if there's possibly an xp x64 driver out, I've gotten the 32-bit one to work for the moment, but I don't have a cp or anything, just the standard windows controller options

edit: found some more info (I <3 google) Game Elements is actually produced by Gemini, which is owned by Philips. Their webpage is here, but it provides absolutely nothing concerning our controller

^ their tech support email is also not valid!?

I getting a new pad, screw these people.

Phillips is OK, but nothing good has ever come from gemini.

I just bought one of these gamepads. so far it sucks. i did however get a tech support ph # that actually put me in touch with a real live person that knew the controller. the ph # is [size:5] 919-573-7862 [/color] hope you can get better help than i did.

im using xp.. but i can find nowhere else to turn.

i recently bout this controller also. it worked fine for a while, but then the base 'lost' sight of the controller(there was no interference and the base was right in front of it). i was playing NASCAR SimRacing at the time. as soon as i quit the game, windows says it doesn't know what the type of hardware it is.. and now my usb ports arent even seeing it..

i bought the same controller and had problems getting it to work

so i put in a add on card for usb and it worked fine windows treats these cards different than intergrated usb ports it will also work if you have front usb ports

as far as the tech support # dont waste your time i called them they havent a clue about there own products.

I Think the Prob is Usb 1.0 cuz it worked fine at friends computer witch was 2.0 and the person in here said he had to use an add on card so start with that... i still cant get mine to work cuz im on laptop add in cards not an opttion...hope this helps. GGGPhuNk

I had the same controller(2.4Ghz Wireless). If you don't charge the battery for at least 4 hours, then it won't ever work(just with those batteries-I think).

Also if you don't install it like the manual says(twice, or it won't be plug and play)...

I don't purchase their brand of controller anymore because after a while the buttons stick really bad, and I always keep mine very clean. Sometimes the controller will just turn off and it'll leave you with no way to pause the game, because you have to sync up again. Hope this was useful.

I bought this thing from walmart and it worked right out of the box, for a little while at least. The control pad's dual controls seemed a little bent but it worked fine until I shut down my comp one day. When I loaded it up, the drivers were gone and my system could no longer detect the HID device. It seems I'm not the only one with problems with this hardware. It's a bit fishy that a company who produces this kind of thing hides behind other company names and corps. It's too bad too cuz I really liked the idea of havinga wireless, ps2 type game pad. However I'm gunna toss this pos and buy one from game stop (with the wire). I also think those of us who got screwed with this thing should contact walmart and tell them not to provide this product as it is faulty for every one who has used it.

I experienced the same problem. I can't get the GGE917 to recharge (I never get a Power light unless I unplug and replug the device and the power light only comes on for a second and then goes out and doesn't come back on -- even after recharging). I bought two controllers -- and they both worked about ONCE! Philips Accessories is the manufacturer. No tech support. I bought them for my boyfriend's 10-year-old son -- he is very disappointed. Too bad the future consumers of products at wal-mart get a bad taste in their mouth and will probably never trust any product sold at WM!!