Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gesaugen

How to change default refresh rate into unsuported refresh rate?

Hi ppl

I have an issue with my "plug and play" monitor and "unsuported refresh rates"

Problem is that my monitor (17" ADI F750) can perfectly well handle 100hz refresh rate in resolution of 1024x768, and that has been confirmed to me by ADI support when I've bought it

But problem is that there's no drivers for it (also confirmed to me by ADI support) so if I want 100hz in 1024x768 resolution, i have to uncheck "hide unsuported refresh rates", and then 100hz works fine on Desktop, but it doesnt in games!

I have tweaked Detonator drivers to get "override refresh rate" function, and I've set 100hz for all aplications working in 1024x768 res., but in games that just doesnt work, and my refresh rate is allways 85hz (maximum that "plug and play" monitor can have)

So, is there any way to set under default values of "plug and play" monitor, 100hz to be selected without unchecking "hide unsuported refresh rates"; in other words, to convince windows to see my monitor as "plug and play" monitor that CAN support 100hz in 1024x768 resolution by default

There are a couple of approaches to this

Force windows to install/use the wrong driver - (install the last ADI drivers inf file on your system , Update by saying dont search/find it, "I have disk", select the inf file you installed, yes just do it yes reeeeallly etc etc) choosing another ADI model with the same or LOWER resolution/refresh rate range. A bit of research therefore needed. Aim too LOW rather than risking going too high on resolution/rate [leading to a blank screen]. Read up/print out proceedure on Safe Mode and recovering from the wrong video settings NOW before you try this!!!!. You may need to fudge the colour profile too if it looks wrong, but you probably won't notice if you dont have a colour problem now.

Or

Since my eyes at least cannot see any flicker at rates above c 75Hz the only thing you are achieving by selecting 100Hz is a busy graphics card and a hot monitor. (The card may well be quietly reducing texture detail etc to deliver these rates at higher resolutions too). Use the rate override at say 80Hz and increase the resolution you play in instead for a more visible thrill!

HTH

well, there's a point of 100hz in games, and it is in 3D setero glasses from eDimensional; playing games at 42hz per eye (85hz refresh rate) isn't so nice. 50hz per eye is better, and 60hz (120hz in 800x600) is the best i'm hoping for (because, if I know way to force 100hz@1024x768, same thing is to force 120hz@800x600 if needed)

Originally posted by american zombie:

Quote:
Answer to your problem may be...

truly, that is the answer! Thanks a lot! smile