Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
saman

I have problem with ATI RADEON 9200 VGA, pls help me

Hi every body

I bougth an ATI Radeon 9200 VGA card, but this card isn't compatible with my system. ;( my system specification is here:

CPU: Intel pentium 4 3:00 GHz, 1M cache FSB 800

Mainboard: Gigabyte 8IPE1000-G Hypertreading support

Monitor: Samsung 1793DFX Syncmaster

when I install the VGA card, many random bars appear at my monitor and its performance is very low than an older 16M VGA ;(

I thank you in advance for your attention.

Best Regards

Did you try to reinsert the card?

Pull it out and insert it once again just in case if there are any bad contacts.

If that doesn't help test it in another system if you can.

You say that the card is not compatible, how do you know this? Does Gigabyte specify that it is not compatible? Or, do you mean that the card simply isn't working well? What was the previous card in the system?

In any event, put the old card back in. Delete the drivers for it. Reset the machine when it says it has discovered new hardware. Choose Windows Standard VGA for its drivers. (Or you can boot the machine into Safe Mode and use a driver cleaner program to remove all of the video drivers). Exit Windows and turn the machine off. Insert your new card into the AGP slot. Turn the machine on. When it comes up it should display your Desktop in 640x480. Take out your Driver installation CD from ATI and install the appropriate drivers. Sometimes it will want to reboot, so let it. It should work then unless the card itself is damaged.