Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Khurram_shahzad

Problem with Intel D915GAV

i bought new pc with the configuration, D915GAV, P4 HT 3.0 processor, 512DDR , 400mhz ram, and i am running WIN XP with service pack 2, sata (samsung) hdd, with ntfs, (i chk fat32 too)and i am having a problem that, whenever i play any game like GTA Vice city, or Virtua tennis, and after playing when i restart my pc, there is no any display on the monitor, for a long time there is blank black screen, then i reset , then boot menu displayed showing error that last time computer not shutdown properly and diff. options, like safe mode, safe mode with networking etc...

if i choose start window normally then system helds, and only safe mode works, but when i again try to restart in normal mode, then same problem occord...

then whether i have to restore windows to any previous restore point...any point, or have to format and reinstall the windows...

i did all, no any virus, i delete all partiotions and make only a single partition but same problem occured...

is there any graphics card error...

now what to do, what i should do, what is this problem...replace main board...??

I had exactly same problem with exactly same configuration, but now it seems to be fine...

In my case, I think, problems were caused by my buggy Radeon X600. It was freezing system repeatedly many times, so system files were damaged badly, I guess... Virus checks don't discover anything.

I've updated BIOS (just in case...) and wiped system completely, then reinstalled everything. As I said, everything works fine now.

I am now setting up my Intel D915GAV board and thus far I have the video, memory and processor/fan and power supply connected and I am not getting any power on my board. Can someone please help me figure out this baad boy.

i have that same mainboard but basically the same specs, cept that my video card is a Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT OC. while im playing a game it would crash and when it restart but the screen wouldnt show up... eventually after some trouble shooting i realised the video card itself was defective... it had a loose heatsink which was barely noticable and was overheating... so i sent the card back and they sent me a brand spanking new one and its been working fine ever since.

No people it is the samesung last time i move my computer to my friends house then back and i had the same problem. NOTE: me one is intel celeron frownfrownfrown