Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wankmaster

Blue screen keeps popping up and shutting down my comp

Ok i got a vaio notebook in 2003, ive been using it 4 2 years and the every once in a while a blue screen popped up and 3 seconds later it shut down my comp. But recently its been happening everytime i open up my main account on windows xp, the administrator. The funny thing is that when i use guest user on xp, it takes like an hour for the blue screen to come up. Now i didnt get to read much of what it said on the screen but it said something like "check to see if installed hardware is installed correctly and at the bottom "begin physical memory dump"?

any help?

Right-click on the "My Computer" icon and select properties.

Go to the Advanced tab then under the heading Startup and Recovery click on the Setting button. In the System failure section uncheck the box in front of Automatically restart.

Now when you get the blue screen you will be able to see what the message is saying so post that here.

The thing is, i tried that but since i can only use windows on guest, it doesnt work cuz guest is not administrator.

XP has a backup admin account.

Have you tried booting into safe mode then typing administrator for the log in name?

Should not have to enter a password as by default there will not be one.

[Edited by american zombie on 2005-10-06 20:51:45]

Ok i got what the message says:

At top it says PAGE_FAULT_In_NONPAGED_AREA

If this is the first time blablalblla

At bottom techinical info:

STOP 0x00000050 0x84400000, 0x0000000

0x83ECD303, 0x000000000

im not too sure how many zeros were in

I know this is not what you want to hear, but chasing down stop codes is a pretty fruitless endeavor. If this has been happening to your machine from the beginning, you may have somekind of hardware screw up, but most often it comes from drivers that are not insynch with the hardware, particularly drivers from games.

Your best bet is to back off all of your data, take out your Vaio crash disk and let it clean install your system again. Go to Microsoft and install all the security patches, but under no circumstances install any drivers for that machine. Sony and many notebooks will work only with the video drivers and even DVD drivers they alone supply.

I know this is not the best "gotcha" solution, but a clean install will either work, or you will find out if you have a video, or a ram, or a CD problem.

Well sincei got this comp it always popped up like once every two months.

And ur right, i do play a game called World of Warcraft on this comp about like 1 hour a day.

And another thing. i noticed some programs that i didnt even download on my comp when i went into my main account in safe mode. Could this mean someone else is like controlling my computer?

Originally posted by Sampson:

Quote:
I know this is not what you want to hear, but chasing down stop codes is a pretty fruitless endeavor. If this has been happening to your machine from the beginning, you may have somekind of hardware screw up, but most often it comes from drivers that are not insynch with the hardware, particularly drivers from games.

Your best bet is to back off all of your data, take out your Vaio crash disk and let it clean install your system again. Go to Microsoft and install all the security patches, but under no circumstances install any drivers for that machine. Sony and many notebooks will work only with the video drivers and even DVD drivers they alone supply.

I know this is not the best "gotcha" solution, but a clean install will either work, or you will find out if you have a video, or a ram, or a CD problem.

How do i back off all my data, take out my vaio crash disk and let it clean install?

OK i went to this site and it told me to shut down all the programs that open up when u start windows. I did in safe mode, and now i can open my main account normally without it crashing in 2 minutes.

But after about 1 hour, the blue screen pops up again1?

"Backing up your data" - where you store the files you create from Word Processing or Spreadsheets or whatever you use on your computer depends upon you. However, most programs will put them by default in My Documents. You will want to burn a CD and copy these files to it or copy them to a floppy.

"Crash disk" most notebooks come with a disk to restore the notebook to its original configuration. Some of these disks will simply reinstall Windows over your present installation on the hard disk. One of the options is "clean install".

"Clean install" will reformat your hard drive and destroy everything on it and then install Windows. This will obliterate all your programs and data on the hard drive. You will then have to re-install all your programs and data.

However, since you have found that there may be something running in the background at bootup, it may be that something (could be a virus or spyware program) is conflicting with somthing that should run from windows. Click on Run then type msconfig and this will bring up what is set to run in the background on bootup in Windows. Or you can download MSConfig cleanup from: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4642 and use it to find out what is running that shouldn't be and stop it. If you don't know what should be running or not running, put what you find in your next post and we'll try to help you eliminate what it is.

I did the run ms config

turned out there was a lot of crap running but i dont know if its good or bad

Theres like a program at the top called "wxqwbwt"

and things like "aim" and "ststem"

All in all about like 40 programs start up when i open windows and i shut down most of them

I have no idea what "wxqwbwt" refers to. It may be spyware. Aim should be your AOL instant messenger. Ststem could be legitimate for possibly your sound system.

If you will hold down CTRL-Shift-ESC buttons on your keyboard at the same time, it will bring up your task manager, then click on the tab that says Processes. This will tell you what you have running simultaneously. You can use Google to query what each of the processes represent. Those that are legitimate programs, you leave alone. Here is where you may detect spyware or viruses. You can kill that process. If you have downloaded MSConfig Cleanup, you can disable the program associated with that process from coming up on bootup.

I found the wxqwbqt file in windows. I took it out and the file image was that of a yellow key.

Then i went to procceses like u said and ended

wxqwbqt

then i deleted it

Whoa turns out there are some more systems starting up called

hzholop.exe

and something called system root system 32/